NPFDA Foundation Scholarships
The National Poultry and Food Distributors Association Scholarship Foundation has given almost $250,000.00 to rising leaders in the 40+years it has been operating. Every year since 1979, the NPFDA Foundation has awarded a select group of deserving students with a scholarship to help them complete their college education.
In the Past: The NPFDA Foundation Scholarship began when its leadership saw the need for outstanding “People Resources” in the agricultural industry. In 1986, the William Manson Family Memorial Scholarship and the Alfred Schwartz Memorial Scholarship Awards were established. In 1997, NPFDA named a third scholarship award the Albin S. Johnson Memorial Scholarship Award.
All applications and scholarships will be considered ONLY if the applicant is an employee or child of an employee of a NPFDA Member Company. The yearly award has increased to $4000 per student and the number of students to be awarded has increased to 5 ($20,000 total in awards).
The funds for the scholarships come from private cash donations and donations to the NPFDA Foundation's annual silent auction. The silent auction is held each January during the NPFDA Annual Convention in Atlanta at the Awards Reception.
How to Apply
Click here to apply ---> Check back March 2021
The National Poultry & Food Distributors Association's Scholarship Foundation is pleased to offer the opportunity for a scholarship award to NPFDA member children and/or employees. One of your greatest benefits of your company’s NPFDA membership is to exclusively apply for funds toward college expenses for you or your child. Funds will be sent directly to the student's college or university.
- You must be an employee of a NPFDA Member Company or be a child of an employee of a NPFDA Member Company.
- You must be enrolled FULL TIME at a US based College or University OR be a high school senior.
- You must be pursuing a college degree.
- Provide an official sealed transcript. Due to Covid-19, we will accept electronic versions of your most recent transcripts for this year's application. We understand that schools/colleges/universities are closed or extremely short staffed.
- Complete the online application, in full.
- Provide a 500 word essay describing candidate's goals and aspirations. Submission may be typed in the online form or uploaded as an attachment.
- Provide a letter of referral from a Department Head, Advisor, or Dean.
If you have questions, please email Cece@npfda.org
or mail to:
NPFDA Scholarship Foundation
2014 Osborne Rd
Saint Marys, GA 31558
HR Contacts - click here to download poster to advertise internally
The foundation would not exist if not for the financial support of our industry. The generous donations of the Manson Family Memorial and other members' contributions have made the scholarship possible.
Our next silent auction will be held during the 2021 NPFDA Annual Convention & Showcase at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta during the Annual Reception Wednesday, January 27, 2021. Donations are accepted year-round at this website or can be mailed to NIPFDA Scholarship Foundation, 2014 Osborne Rd, Saint Marys, GA 31558.
Members and other industry personnel are encouraged to consider aiding in this worthy project. Donations may be sent to the NPFDA office. NPFDA will increase the awards as funds allow. You may make your donation in memory of an individual - NPFDA will inform the membership and the family of the donation. The foundation and its activities are approved by the IRS and donations are tax deductible.
You can change the amount in your cart.
- Donate Now button