NPFDA members play a major role in the success of our organization. Committees are made up of members and industry professionals. Come make a difference and get involved. Below are NPFDA's Standing Committees/Councils and Elected/Appointed Committees as well as their missions.
NPFDA Elected and Appointed Committees:
- Executive Committee: The Executive Committee is composed of five (5) elected members as follows: The Chair, the Vice Chair, the President, the Treasurer, and the immediate Past Chair.
- Finance Committee: Reviews and makes budget recommendations. The committee consists of the President, the Chair, the Vice-Chair, the Treasurer, the Immediate Past Chair, and two other Past Chairs as selected by the current Chair.
- Nominating Committee: Board and Treasurer ballots are submitted to the nominating committee for review and verification. The Immediate Past Chair shall be the Chairperson of the Nominating committee. The members of the Nominating Committee shall include the President, Immediate Past Chair, Chair, and two other board members as appointed by the Chairperson of the nominating committee.
- Awards Committee: Elects Member of the Year and Lifetime Achievement Award recipients from nominations submitted by the board and membership. The committee is comprised of the Chair and four (4) past Members of the Year appointed by The Chair.
- Meetings & Showcase: This committee will consult with and advise the NPFDA staff to regarding arrangements for the Annual Convention and the Fall Meeting. Need and feasibility for additional NPFDA functions should be discussed and put into action as determined. Members may also be called upon to help with specific duties during these events.
- Silent Auction: This committee will consult with and advise the NPFDA staff to regarding the NPFDA Scholarship Foundation Silent Auction during the NPFDA Annual Convention. The committee will also solicit donations and coordinate the auction along with NPFDA Staff during the Convention.
- Scholarship Selection Committee: The scholarship committee will coordinate with staff to handle the selection of scholarship recipients. This committee will also consult with and advise the NPFDA Foundation staff regarding scholarship processes and criteria. All Scholarship Selection Committee members are also Silent Auction Committee members.
- Membership Committee: This committee will consult with and advise the NPFDA staff regarding recruitment and retention of NPFDA members. In addition, they will serve as a “think tank” regarding helping members feel connected and understanding the value of a NPFDA membership.
Thank you to all who serve!