Designing an Effective and Compliant FSVP Program
A seminar for importers, brokers and distributors of foods, food ingredients and food packaging
imported into the United States.
September 13 & 15, 2021 from 11am-5pm each day
FDA’s Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) under the Food Safety Modernization Act
(FSMA) regulation places heightened levels of responsibility for ensuring safety on the FSVP
importer and the foreign suppliers. But, failure to have an FSVP program was one of FDA’s
highest FSMA citations in FY 2020.
Join EAS lead instructor and Trainer of Trainers, Jenifer Kane, for the complete FSPCA
curriculum FSVP seminar.
Learn how to:
• What new responsibilities you have as the FSVP importer to ensure the safety of
• Determine if your imported foods require full or modified FSVP standards or are exempt
from the rule,
• Develop or strengthen your written FSVP programs,
• Determine risks of reasonably foreseeable hazards for each type of food imported,
• Develop a robust evaluation and verification program to approve suppliers,
• Maintain required documentation demonstrating compliance with FDA’s regulation,
• And more!
About the Instructor:
EAS Independent Consultant, Jenifer Kane, is a Food Safety and Quality professional with over
36 years of diversified technical and practical experience across multiple food categories. She
has held leadership and management roles with oversight of quality systems, program
development and audits focusing on training in food safety, allergen and HACCP requirements.
Jenifer has diverse food category experience including nuts, chocolate, cereal, confections, dairy
and bakery products. She is a FSMA FSPCA FSVP Train the Trainer and provides FSVP
Qualified Individual services, assisting organizations in building their FSVP Programs