Fifteen employee children receive education assistance for the 2022-23 academic year
ROSE HILL, NC—June 29, 2022: House of Raeford Farms is pleased to award 15 deserving students with funding for college through its 9th Annual House of Raeford Farms Scholarship Program.
This academic award often goes far beyond the mere dollar value of the gift. Here is a combination of reflections from a brother and sister who both received awards this year. “If I am accepted for this scholarship, I will make the best of the opportunity. My parents were not able to finish high school, but they did everything possible so we had a chance to complete our schooling. Now I want to return the favor by making them proud and achieve all the goals they desire for me.”
“Our company sees the importance of providing career development opportunities for our youth so they become responsible citizens in the community,” said House of Raeford Farms CEO & Owner Bob Johnson. “This educational assistance program for children of our employees is an investment in their future success.”
The selection criteria for each $2,500 House of Raeford Farms Scholarship includes academic record, demonstrated leadership, participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, and a statement of goals and aspirations.
House of Raeford would like to congratulate the following 15 recipients of the 2022 House of Raeford Farms Scholarship and announce their plans for the future:
- Lauren Mayo, daughter of Jason Mayo of the Arcadia division attending Sam Houston State University.
- Makayla Meshell, stepdaughter of Kevin Knight of the Arcadia division attending the University of Louisiana – Monroe.
- Thomas Mayo, son of Jason Mayo of the Arcadia division attending the University of Texas – San Antonio
- Deasia Amos, daughter of Denitta Amos of the Arcadia division attending the University of Louisiana – Monroe
- Joshua Miller, son of Brian Miller of the Arcadia division attending Southwest Mississippi Community College
- Kaitlyn Williams, daughter of Karen Williams of the Arcadia division attending Northwestern State University.
- Verenice Huerta Jimenez, daughter of Graciela Jimenez Sanchez of the Filet of Chicken division attending Georgia State University.
- Andrew Smith, grandson of Philip Smith of the Filet of Chicken division attending the University of Central Florida
- Esmeralda Lopez, daughter of Maria Lopez of the Filet of Chicken division attending Clayton State University.
- Sabrina Livingston, daughter of Patricia Livingston of the Greenville division attending Athens Tech College
- Allie Lanier, daughter of Greg Lanier of the Johnson Breeders division attending the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
- Katie Hernandez Palacios, daughter of Eli Hernandez of the Wallace division attending Cape Fear Community College.
- Hilario Hernandez, Jr., son of Eli Hernandez of the Wallace division attending James Sprunt Community College.
- ViviAnn Johnson, daughter of Cowan Johnson of the Wallace division attending Meredith College
- Lon Teachey, son of Tom Teachey of the Corporate division attending Mars Hill University.
The House of Raeford arms Scholarship fund has helped students pursue their academic and professional goals by awarding a total of $332,500 over the last nine years to 133 students across six states. House of Raeford is grateful to be able to offer this benefit to the dependents of our associates. It is rewarding to see the impact the program is having on the lives of young people and their families.
Employees and their families are encouraged to visit the Scholarship Page on House of Raeford’s website for more information on next year’s scholarships, which will open in February 2023.
Dave Witter Dave.Witter@HouseOfRaeford.com