ST MARYS, GA – March 10, 2022 – The National Protein & Food Distributors Association's Scholarship Foundation Board of Trustees are pleased to announce an increase in scholarship funds and awards. After a phenomenally successful silent auction and fund-raising campaign, the Foundation Board of Trustees recently increased the total scholarships offered from $20,000 to $30,000.
“The NPFDA Silent Auction team members and I are thrilled that we are increasing the donation awards from $20,000 to $30,000. The team is ready to put in our best efforts in fundraising and making the event most convenient and enjoyable for the generous NPFDA members. Big plans for next year!” remarks, Mariss Hans, General Manager at Foodlinx of Brentwood, CA, and Chair of the Silent Auction Committee.
The NPFDA Scholarship Foundation was established in 1979. Since that time, the Foundation has awarded almost $280,000.00 in scholarships to outstanding students. The NPFDA Scholarship Foundation, Inc. is entering its 41st year of assistance students.
All applications and scholarships will be considered ONLY if the applicant is an employee of a NPFDA member company or the child of an employee of a NPFDA Member Company.
To qualify, each applicant must:
- Be an employee of a NPFDA Member Company or the child of an employee of a NPFDA Member Company.
- Be enrolled FULL TIME at a US based College or University OR be a high school senior. Graduate students are eligible to apply.
- Be pursuing a college degree.
- Provide your most recent transcript. We will accept electronic versions. Please have them emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the online application, in full.
- Provide a 500-word essay describing applicant's goals and aspirations. Submission of essay can be typed in form or attached to the online form.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a Department Head, Advisor or Dean.
All applications and documentations must be received by 5:00 p.m. April 30 before award year. If your transcripts arrive separately, they will be matched and attached to your online submission appropriately.
If you have questions, please email Cece@npfda.org or mail to:
NPFDA Scholarship Foundation
2014 Osborne Rd
Saint Marys, GA 31558
The National Protein and Food Distributors Association Scholarship Foundation has given almost $280,000.00 to rising leaders in the 40+years it has been operating. Every year since 1979, the NPFDA Foundation has awarded a select group of deserving students with a scholarship to help them complete their college education.
The foundation would not exist if not for the financial support of our industry. The funds for the scholarships come from private cash donations and donations to the NPFDA Foundation's annual silent auction. The silent auction is held each January during the NPFDA Annual Convention in Atlanta at the Awards Reception.
Members and other industry personnel are encouraged to consider aiding in this worthy project. The foundation and its activities are approved by the IRS and donations are tax deductible. Donations are accepted year-round at www.npfda.org or can be mailed to NPFDA Scholarship Foundation, 2014 Osborne Rd, Saint Marys, GA 31558.